Roustabout Theatre Troupe seeks new scripts for Crooked Tree Festival
MILAN—Roustabout Theatre Troupe, a professional mobile theater company, is seeking five scripts for their upcoming Crooked Tree Play Festival, a two-day theatrical event in Milan. Last year’s Crooked Tree Play Festival brought in over 400 audience members to Milan, who got to view a selection of new plays by four Michigan-born playwrights.
This year’s festival will be held on Friday Aug. 25 and Saturday Aug. 26.
Roustabout is seeking five scripts that meet the following criteria:
- Written by a Michigan-born playwright, or a playwright currently living in Michigan.
- Full-length (70 pgs minimum).
- Maximum of four characters.
- Theatrical play (no screenplays, teleplays, or radio dramas).
- The piece must not have received a full production yet. We will consider scripts that had previous table readings or staged readings.
Roustabout will be accepting submissions from May 15-June 15. If interested, please send your script with your contact information to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include as the subject line: 2017 Crooked Tree Play Festival Submission
Selected plays will be performed once or twice over two days as staged readings by local, professional actors. The festival will also feature live music and visual arts.
To learn more about the company, please visit roustabouttheatre.com. Roustabout Theatre Troupe is a member of Bienta Production Group, a 501(c)3 corporation.