|Sign up for our FREE weekly newsletter
Buy an Ad
Michigan Equity Theatre Alliance seeks executive director
The Michigan Equity Theatre Alliance, an alliance of professional theaters located in Michigan, seeks an executive director. The ED is responsible for leadership necessary to achieve META's mission, working with its board of directors to chart the course for a sustainable future. As the sole staff position of META, the executive director reports directly to the board of directors.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Spearhead and implement strategic and operational planning efforts
- Develop and oversee annual budgets and finance reports to the board
- Ensure appropriate support for all board committees
- Joint marketing and branding, group sales, media relations and publicity
- Manage META website and oversee content management
- Manage META group database and function as systems administrator
- Manage online forums including the META blog and social media sites
- Grant writing to numerous local, statewide and national organizations
- Conduct fundraising activities: special events, raffles, sponsorship and membership programs, annual appeals
- Oversee annual META events, including annual conference and Wilde Awards
- Manage accounts receivable and membership programs of EncoreMichigan.com
- Network nationally with other theater service organizations such as APASO, New Jersey Theatre Alliance, Bay Area Theatres, etc.
- Create Benchmarking documents for internal comparison and external advocacy
- Oversee annual bookkeeping and coordinate and facilitate annual audit or review
The ideal candidate will have:
- Leadership experience in theater administration and a strong working knowledge of the demands of professional production
- Strong leadership and organization skills, especially in the areas of marketing, development, board relations and information technology
- Strong communication skills - on the phone, in writing, and in person
- A professional demeanor and an infectious excitement about theater
- Ability to self-govern in an independent, autonomous work situation
- Ability to interact with a diverse constituency, including theater artists, grantmakers, colleagues in arts service organizations and the META board
- Strong grant writing skills
- Strong financial acumen and the ability to analyze and communicate financial information
Position available immediately. Salary based on experience plus benefits.
Send letter, resume and salary requirements to: Executive Director Search, Michigan Equity Theatre Alliance, c/o Williamston Theatre, 122 S Putnam, Williamston, MI 48895. Email: email@example.com.
META is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
© 2007-2013 Encore Michigan LLC. All Rights Reserved.