|Sign up for our FREE weekly newsletter
Buy an Ad
The Berman Center for Performing Arts seeks development manager
Posted: Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:35 a.m.
This is a full time, year-round position that reports to the executive director of the Jewish Community Center of Metropolitan Detroit.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
The position oversees all aspects of fundraising from all sources, including Berman Advisory Committee, individuals, foundations, corporations, government agencies, and special events. This position also manages the logistical aspects of fundraising, including reporting and a donor database. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and executing a strategic fundraising plan to meet approved annual goals. Tracking and analyzing performance, making and carrying out recommendations to improve effectiveness.
- Designing, implementing and managing fund raising activities including annual giving and special campaigns.
- Meeting directly with current and prospective donors to secure financial support.
- Developing grant proposals, reporting and follow up.
- Researching foundations and corporations to capture prospective funders.
- Providing timely, personalized service to foundations, corporations, government agencies, and major individual donors, assuring that funders receive proper benefits, acknowledgements and recognition.
- Overseeing fundraising events.
- Identifying and researching new major donors/sponsors for specific programs.
- Maintaining ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Maintaining departmental budget.
A successful Development Director will possess the following abilities and skills:
- Report and Budget Analysis: Ability to generate and meaningfully analyze reports
- Priority Management: Must have the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, keeping a keen eye on details while juggling various priorities. Ability to adapt to changing situations and creatively problem solve is key.
- Communication/Writing: Must possess strong writing skills for multiple audiences.
- Soft Skills: People skills, diplomacy and the ability to to bring negotiating to an end by reaching an agreement
- Education & Experience: Minimum five years of fundraising experience, preferably in the cultural or performing arts. Bachelors Degree.
For more information or to sub,it your resume, contact:
Director, Human Resources
© 2007-2013 Encore Michigan LLC. All Rights Reserved.