The Encore Musical Theatre Company seeks development director
The Development Director of The Encore Musical Theatre Company is responsible for designing, implementing and managing all fundraising activities including annual giving, endowment and capital campaigns, special projects, and other related solicitations. The Development Director reports to both the Producing Managing Director (PMD) and the Producing Artistic Director (PAD).
- Managing all strategies/activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations;
- Maintaining contact with/writing grant proposals for foundations, corporations, and government grants;
- Researching/contacting new/potential corporate, foundation, government and individual donors;
- Supervising Development Committee, Fundraising Committee and independent contractors;
- Assuming responsibility for all development reports to the Board and other agencies;
- Working with the Development Committee, the Nominating Committee, PMD and PAD to identify new board prospects;
- Creating office systems to support all development projects and operations;
- Managing donor, gift record-keeping and grant reporting;
- Managing the pledge reminder and acknowledgement programs;
- Attending community events related to donor cultivation;
- Participating in outreach activities and performances outside regular business hours; and,
- Being available to assist in any other capacity as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree (required) or Master’s Degree (preferred);
Five (5) years of experience in Development (preferred);
Experience developing/maintaining productive working relationships with board members, donors, and community members;
Knowledge of ticketing/registration/donor/event software;
Experience in customer service/hospitality;
An understanding of budgeting principles;
A background in arts administration;
Excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills;
Ability to work in a team environment;
Ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously; and,
Demonstrated attention to detail.
Now in its 10th Season, The Encore Musical Theatre Company is a 501c3 Not for Profit theatre company based in Dexter, Michigan. Over its 10 years, it has housed over 55 full productions, developed two youth theatre programs, and has been host to many Broadway actors, designers, and directors including Jeremy Jordan (Tony nominated Broadway performer), Tony Walton (Tony, Emmy, and Oscar winning designer/director), Mia Walker (Broadway and New York Director), and many more. The Encore is a 122-seat theatre that brings large scale shows into an intimate setting, bringing creative musical theatre to Southeastern Michigan.
Interested applicants should email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.