JET holds auditions for Cabaret 08/14
Jewish Ensemble Theatre
Wednesday, August 14, 2019
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
5:00 PM – 6:00 PM (Dinner Break)
To schedule an appointment:
Call (248) 788-2900 – Monday thru Friday between 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM only
Sally Bowles – The headlining British singer at the Kit Kat Klub – 20’s , Mezzo Soprano and strong dancer.
- The Emcee – The Master of Ceremonies at the Kit Kat Klub, a leering, ghoulish, flamboyant figure, Tenor – Strong Singer and Dancer.
- Clifford “Cliff” Bradshaw – An American writer traveling through Berlin – late 20’s Baritone
- Fräulein Schneider – An older German woman 50’s who runs the boarding house that Cliff and Sally live in – Alto
- Herr Schultz – An elderly Jewish fruit shop owner who falls in love with Fräulein Schneider – 50’s-erly 60’s – Baritone
- Ernst Ludwig – A German man who befriends Cliff when he arrives in Berlin, later revealed to be a Nazi – late 30’s usually is a non singing role but may double in other scenes if needed.
- Fräulein Kost – A German prostitute who rents in Fräulein Schneider’s boarding house late 30’s/40’s Mezzo Soprano – may also double as one of the girls of the Kit Kat Klub
Chorus:strong singers who dance
1 Songs Ballad or Up Tempo, 1 monologue (comic or dramatic) and be prepared to dance.
Equity: $263.00 a week Non-Equity: $150.00 a week
Starts Sept. 16.
Starts October 10th
Director: Christopher Bremer
Music Director: Stacy White, Choreographer: Debbie Williams