Outvisible holds season auditions 04/22
The Growing Stone by Peter Snoad (World Premiere)
Next to Normal, book and lyrics by Brian Yorkie, music by Tom Kitt
Woke by Avery Sharpe
Speech & Debate by Stephen Karam
To schedule an appointment:
To schedule an appointment: https://www.outvisibletheatre.com/auditions
The Growing Stone (1f / 2m)
- LUKE BARNETT – male – white – early 40s – a teacher, easy going, compassionate, very connected to indigenous culture
- MATT BARNETT – male – white – mid 40s – LUKE’s older brother, a rich, high powered energy consultant, working through trauma
- ENAJ BARNETT – female – white or biracial – 16 – LUKE’s daughter, wise for her age, must be a folksy-type singer who can self-accompany on guitar
Next to Normal (2f / 4m)
- DIANA – female – early 40s – mezzo/belt – severe mental health issues, tumultuous, desperate to connect to her family
- DAN – male – early 40s – high baritenor – genuinely trying to be the best father and husband possible but tired and weary
- GABE – male – late teens / early 20s – rock tenor with falsetto and strong mix – bright, playful, seductive, ulterior motives
- NATALIE – female – late teens / early 20s – soprano/belt with strong mix – contentious, perfectionist, angsty, piano skills a bonus
- HENRY – male – late teens / early 20s – high baritenor – romantic, stoner, philosopher, sympathetic, supportive
- DR MADDEN / DR FINE – male – 30-50 – high rock baritenor – psychiatrist, all charisma, total rockstar, super handsome
Woke (3f / 3m)
- JESSE BLANCHE – male – 18 – white – has an incredible amount of charm; smart and knows it
- ADRIAN STRONG – male – 18 – black – thoughtful and passionate; has underlying swag
- MARTHA BLANCHE – female – white – mid/late 40s – overly affectionate and full of energy
- FRANK BLANCHE – male – white – late 40s/early 50s – something about him says “All American”
- TANISHA MCCOY – female – 18 – black – genuine and undeniably the finale of a fireworks show
- NATASHA BOYD – female – 18 – black – outrageously sweet; has an aura that is calming with a dash of sass
Speech & Debate (2f / 2m)
- SOLOMON – male – 16 – ambitious, honest, on a mission to expose hypocrisy through journalism
- DIWATA – female – 18 – frumpy and off-kilter, fiercely determined, undeterred by her unpopularity
- HOWIE – male – 17 – openly gay transfer student, put off by his new conservative, puritan town
- TEACHER/REPORTER – female – 40s – versatile actor to play multiple parts<br>
- Any two sides from our season. A reader will be in the room for sides requiring a scene partner.
- If auditioning for Next to Normal: Any one side from our season, one song cut from Next to Normal of your choosing, and one contrasting song cut in the pop/rock musical theatre style. Song cuts should be 16-32 bars or approximately one minute each. Accompanist will be provided; please bring sheet music with cuts clearly marked and in the right key signature.
- Note: If you are auditioning for both N2N and any other show(s) in our season, please follow N2N audition guidelines.
- Note: Please choose two sides even if you are only interested in/available for one show in our season.
- Please bring three copies of your resume, preferably with a thumbnail version of your headshot.
Tier I special appearance agreement or Tier 1 SPT contract (TBD)
Non-union actors: $100/week stipend
Housing cannot be provided; only local AEA actors considered.
The Growing Stone by Peter Snoad – August 26-September 19
Next to Normal – September 23-October 24
Woke by Avery Sharpe – January 6-January 30
Speech & Debate by Stephen Karam – February 10-March 19
The Growing Stone – September 20-October 6, 2019
Next to Normal – October 25-November 10 (with option to extend through November 17)
Woke – January 31-February 16
Speech & Debate – March 20-April 5
Audition sides available online. Please note there may be student observers in the audition room for educational purposes